We at Rosenthal USA, Ltd. ("ROSUSA"), are committed to protecting the privacy of customers and visitors who use our Web sites. We have therefore created this policy statement (the "Policy") to explain our privacy practices and procedures, including:
We believe that you should know what information we collect from you, as well as understand how we use, disclose, and protect that information. We believe that you should be able to communicate with us easily to limit the disclosure of any of your personally identifiable information, where practicable, and to address any questions or concerns that you may have. And we will not disclose information to unaffiliated third parties without your consent or as otherwise provided in this Policy.
ROSUSA will revise and update this Policy as ROSUSA changes its practices or adds new products or services or changes existing ones. You should refer back to this page for the latest information.
This Policy applies to ROSUSA's Web sites, which are intended for the use of persons residing in the United States (including its territories and possessions), and for delivery of products and services within the United States.
Return to top.INFORMATION WE COLLECT#
We collect a variety of personally identifiable information about users of our products and services in order to ensure an enjoyable and seamless on-line shopping experience. When we use the term "personally identifiable information," we mean information that is directly associated with, or could be used to identify, a specific person. Such information includes a name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or information about activities directly linked to that person which would permit the physical or online contacting of that person.
Our definition of personally identifiable information does not include "aggregate information"-data we collect about a group or category of products, services, or customers and from which individual customer identities have been removed. Aggregate data-for example, a report that indicates that a certain number of our customers reside in a particular state or region of the United States, or a report on how many of our customers visited particular pages of one of our Web sites-aids us in understanding trends and customer needs so that we can better consider new products and services or tailor existing products and services to customer preferences. ROSUSA may purchase aggregate data from unaffiliated third parties, or sell it to, or share it with, unaffiliated third parties.
Our definition of personally identifiable information also does not include your Internet protocol ("IP") address, unless you have registered with us in the "My Account" section of our site, in which case your IP address is linked to your personally identifiable information.
We collect the following types of personally identifiable information through our Web sites:
- Information You Give Us: We collect information you give us-such as your name, billing address, shipping address, telephone number, email address, and/or credit card number-when you purchase a product, use a service, participate in a promotion, or register with us in the "My Account" section on our Web sites.
- Information We Collect Automatically: We automatically collect certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, when you visit a ROSUSA Web site, our systems automatically provide us with your IP address and tell us what type of Web browser you use. This information may be linked to personally identifiable information if you have registered with us in the "My Account" section of our site.
- Information We Obtain from Other Sources: We may obtain information about you from outside sources and add it to, or combine it with, your personally identifiable information, including information such as:
- Credit information, which allows us to complete transactions for the purchase of ROSUSA products and services;
- Commercially available demographic and marketing information from third parties, which aids us in serving you and informing you of products and services that may be of interest to you; and
- Updated delivery and address information from our shipping agents and other sources, which permits us to maintain accurate records and better serve you.
We also purchase e-mail lists from third parties for advertising purposes, but only lists of individuals who have specifically allowed sale of their e-mail addresses for marketing purposes. If you have previously consented to participate in an e-mail advertising program, the information we receive may include your name, information on previous transactions, or any other personally identifiable information you have provided with that consent.
To see how we use, disclose, and protect the personally identifiable information that we collect, please review the rest of this Policy.
Return to top.COMPLIANCE WITH THE CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT ("COPPA")#
ROSUSA does not knowingly collect-either actively or passively-any information, including personal information as defined by COPPA, from children under the age of 13.
Return to top.NETWORK AND INFORMATION SECURITY #
We maintain a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your personally identifiable information. Specifically, we use commercially accepted procedures and systems to protect against unauthorized access to our systems. We restrict access to your personally identifiable information to those employees and contractors-all of whom are covered by this Policy-who need to know that information to provide products or services to you, or otherwise assist you. We protect the security of your personally identifiable information during transmission via the ROSUSA Web site by using Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") software, which encrypts information you input, so that no one else can read it as it is transmitted over the Internet. And we use an SSL connection to enable you to view, enter, and change the information in the "My Account" section securely on our Web sites.
You can take additional steps on your own to safeguard your personally identifiable information. For example, you should be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. And you should always log out of any Web site, including a ROSUSA site, after viewing personal account information, such as the "My Account" section of our Web sites.
Please be advised that ROSUSA has no control over the security of other sites on the Internet you might visit, interact with, or from which you might buy products or services.
Return to top.OUR USE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION#
Our Internal Use: In general, we use personally identifiable information to serve our existing and prospective customers and to enhance and extend our customer relationships. By understanding how you use our Web site, we are able to customize and personalize our interactions with you. More specifically:
- We use personally identifiable information for billing purposes, to provide products or services or complete transactions you have requested, to anticipate and resolve problems with your products and services (including warranty-related activities), and to create and inform you of products or services from ROSUSA or others that better meet your needs.
- ROSUSA uses e-mail and direct mail to inform you about products or services we think will interest you, if you created an online account with us or requested email communications. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications you can edit your "My Account" settings or click here to unsubscribe.
While you may choose not to receive marketing information from us, you will continue to receive invoices, customer service-related notifications, and other similar information from us electronically or otherwise. You will also continue to receive communications directly related to each product or service you purchase, including warranty information.Our Customer Surveys:
Periodically, you may be able to participate in our surveys to help us improve our products and services. Any personally identifiable information that we may collect from you in a survey will ONLY be used internally by ROSUSA. And unless otherwise explained in the instructions for a particular customer survey, any personally identifiable information you provide to us for purposes of that survey will be used in accordance with this Policy.Our Promotions:
ROSUSA may sponsor or participate in contests, giveaways, or other promotions in which you may participate. Unless otherwise explained in the rules for a particular contest, giveaway, or other promotion, any personally identifiable information you provide to us for purposes of that contest, giveaway, or other promotion will be used in accordance with this Policy. Third-Party Use:
To understand when and how ROSUSA may disclose personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties, please read the Disclosure of Your Personally Identifiable Information section below.
Return to top.DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION#
Because information about our existing and prospective customers is one of our most important business assets, we seek to protect it and keep it confidential. We do not share personally identifiable information with unaffiliated third parties, nor do we sell it to third parties. We disclose personally identifiable information only as detailed below.Your Consent:
ROSUSA will not disclose personally identifiable information other than in accordance with this Policy. In general, that means that you must consent to the disclosure in advance. Depending on the product or service, we may obtain your consent in a number of ways, including:
- In writing;
- Online, by clicking a button; or
- Through the use of a dialing string or buttons on a telephone handset.
For example, your consent to disclose personally identifiable information can be implied simply by the nature of your request, such as when you ask us to deliver a product to you using our shipping agent.
Disclosure to Unaffiliated Third Parties: In using these ROSUSA Web sites, you consent to our disclosure of personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties as follows: We share personally identifiable information with unaffiliated third parties ONLY as necessary to complete a transaction or perform a service that you have requested, or to support the technical operation and maintenance of our Web sites. When the unaffiliated third party acts solely on our behalf-such as with a Web site hosting company-ROSUSA requires that party to follow our privacy practices. ROSUSA DOES NOT SELL TO THIRD PARTIES ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ASSOCIATED WITH ITS CUSTOMERS THAT IS COLLECTED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE.Business Transfers:
Information about our customers, including personally identifiable information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, or sale of company assets. It may also be disclosed in the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which personally identifiable information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company.
Protection of ROSUSA and Others: We release personally identifiable information when we believe release is appropriate to do one of the following:
- Comply with the law (e.g., a lawful subpoena);
- Enforce or apply our agreements to sell products or services to you;
- Bill and collect for products and services; or
- Protect our rights or property.
Return to top.OUR USE OF "COOKIES"#
Cookies allow us to do the following:
- Complete transactions you have requested;
- Collect information to determine which products, services, and sections of our Web sites are most and least popular;
- Personalize our Web sites and make recommendations to you based on products and services you have liked in the past; and
- Improve the ease of use of our Web sites, sometimes in conjunction with Web beacons.
We also use a session-based cookie to maintain continuity of navigation for you when viewing one of our Web sites during a particular on-line session. After closing the browser, the session cookie simply terminates; it is not stored on your computer's hard drive thereafter.
Third-party advertisers who display ads on our site may also use their own cookies. The cookies of those advertisers are governed by the privacy policies of the entities placing the ads, and not by the Policy of ROSUSA.
You can enable cookies by doing the following:
- Netscape Navigator/Communicator: On your task bar menu, select "Edit" and "Preferences." Select "Advanced" and click "Accept All Cookies." Then click "OK."
- Internet Explorer: On your task bar menu, select "Tools" and "Internet Options." Then select the "Privacy" tab and set the scroll bar at "Medium." Then click "OK."
Return to top.OUR USE OF WEB BEACONS#
ROSUSA uses Web beacons on ROSUSA Web sites. A Web beacon (sometimes called a "Web bug" or "clear GIF") is a tiny graphic image (usually a 1-by-1 pixel) displayed in a Web page, Web-based document, or e-mail message, but it is usually invisible, as it is usually the same color as the background of the Web page, document, or e-mail message. When the user's Web browser reads the HTML code for the Web beacon to retrieve the image, it can along pass along the IP address of the user's computer, the time the Web beacon was viewed and for how long, and the type of browser used. Web beacons can also be linked to a user's cookies and any personally identifiable information that may be stored in them.
ROSUSA uses Web beacons and may link a Web beacon to those customers' cookies. Web beacons allow us to provide you with a seamless experience on our Web sites, ensuring that you are recognized as our customer when moving between different areas of our Web sites. Web beacons also allow us to gather aggregate information, as described above in Information We Collect. ROSUSA does not use Web beacons that link to personally identifiable information on unaffiliated third-party Web sites. And it does not permit unaffiliated third parties to place such Web beacons in advertisements on ROSUSA Web sites.
- Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
- Type of operating system
- Screen colors (color processing ability of the users screen)
- Flash version
- Screen resolution
- Network location and IP address
- Can include country, city, state, region, county, or any other geographic data.
- Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
- Time of visit
- Pages visited
- Time spent on each page of the website
- Referring site statistics
- The website (URI) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
- Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
Google Analytics data is shared with Google. For more information on Google's Privacy Policies, visit: http://www.google.com/intl//privacypolicy.html
This data is primarily used to optimize our website for our visitors and search engines, however we will use this data for marketing purposes. An example of how this data could be used for marketing purposes would be to tell potential advertisers how many visitors we get to the website, where our visitors come from, and how they arrive at our website.
This data DOES NOT include any personal identification information such as:
- Phone Numbers
- Email Addresses
- Mailing Addresses
- Social Security Numbers
- Bank Account Numbers
- Credit Card Information
Return to top. CHECKING "MY ACCOUNT" INFORMATION FOR ACCURACY#
You can review or change the information in the "My Account" section of our Web sites by using the "Personal Information" feature in that section, or by telephoning or writing to Customer Service. For Customer Service contact information, please see the Contact Us section below. As noted in the Information We Collect About You section above, we may also use updated delivery and address information obtained from our shipping agents and other sources to update our records.
Return to top.OUR POLICY ON CONTACTING YOU#
At ROSUSA, we will send e-mail messages to you only if you have specifically requested that we do so. We include an unsubscribe link in any advertisement we send to you by e-mail which you can use to request that we stop sending e-mail advertisements to you. If you have previously requested that we send you e-mail messages but you no longer wish to receive them, let us know by filling in our unsubscribe form, and we will remove your e-mail address from our database.
In addition, if you do not have an existing business relationship with ROSUSA and if you have registered your telephone number on the Federal Trade Commission's National Do-Not-Call Registry, we will not make any sales calls to you.
Return to top.UPDATING OF OUR POLICY#
ROSUSA will revise or update this Policy if our practices change, as we change existing products or services, add new products or services, or develop better ways to inform you of products we think will interest you. You should refer back to this page for the latest information and the effective date of any changes.
Return to top.CONTACTING US#
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Policy, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org Or you can write to us at:
Rosenthal USA, Ltd.
Attn: Privacy Officer
355 Michele Place
Carlstadt, NJ 07072
ROSUSA is committed to the policies set forth in this Policy.
Return to top.
Effective Date: October 1, 2008